Monday, September 1, 2008
Mud and Muck 5K
On Sunday morning, I did the Mud & Muck 5K - advertised to be Kansas City's dirtiest run. It was a blast!!! The course was on gravel and sand service roads at Unity Village. The run out to about 1 mile was an easy downhill...then there was a mountain in the middle of Missouri. Okay, okay. It wasn't THAT bad, but without my hardcore Runner's Edge speed sessions where Eladio Valdez has us run hills, I was hurting pretty badly. It had a nice, steep grade so I walked up it, but I was able to take on the next hill I encountered. On the second hill, I could hear the screaming (happy screams?) and a guy on a megaphone telling people to "really get in there." I don't know what I was thinking the entire race...I guess I thought I was running through a mud pit...oh no! We got to crawl through the mud pit. Nice. Somehow, without training I was able to run and crawl the course in 30:26. I'm always happy to beat a 10 minute mile. Here's a photo of me after finishing:

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment